This yummy chocolate melting pots are incredibly easy to make and so easy on the eye too. For those days when you need the indulgence of a homemade dessert, but just don’t feel like working too hard for it.
So what’s your favorite Monday recipe? A dessert? a vegetarian dish? Leave your comments below or join the conversation on my Facebook Page.
CHOCOLATE HOT POTS
(Adapted from recipe by Nigella Lawson)
- Butter for ramekins
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place baking sheet in an oven preheated to 400°. Butter four 2/3-cup ramekins and set aside
- Melt together the semisweet chocolate and the butter in a double broiler (or microwave if you prefer). Set aside to cool
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar and flour. Add cooled chocolate mixture, and mix until blended
- Divide mixture evenly among ramekins and place on baking sheet. Bake until tops are shiny and cracked and chocolate beneath is hot and gooey, about 20 minutes
- Serve hot and enjoy! (Caution: Place each ramekin on a small plate, these bad boys get really hot!)
If you enjoyed this recipe I recommend you check out my Beetroot chocolate Cake Video-Recipe. I’m sure you’ll love it!
Have a happy Monday peeps!